Savoury mince pie
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (200g) onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 (180g) large carrot, peeled, chopped finely
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 2 (240g) medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 50 gram butter, melted
Savoury mince pie
- 1Heat oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan. Add onion, garlic and carrot; cook, stirring, until softened. Add beef mince; cook, stirring, until browned. Add tomatoes, stock and zucchini; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
- 2Stir in peas then remove from heat. Cool.
- 3Lightly grease a 20cm (base measurement) pie dish with butter, then line with one sheet of filo. Brush filo with a little melted butter, then cover with another piece of filo running in the opposite direction. Brush with butter. Repeat this process with the remaining sheets.
- 4Spoon mince into dish, then fold the edges of filo over mince to enclose. Brush with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 5Bake pie for 45 minutes, or until browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021