Savoury mince pie
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (200g) onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 (180g) large carrot, peeled, chopped finely
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 2 (240g) medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 50 gram butter, melted
Savoury mince pie
- 1Heat oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan. Add onion, garlic and carrot; cook, stirring, until softened. Add beef mince; cook, stirring, until browned. Add tomatoes, stock and zucchini; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
- 2Stir in peas then remove from heat. Cool.
- 3Lightly grease a 20cm (base measurement) pie dish with butter, then line with one sheet of filo. Brush filo with a little melted butter, then cover with another piece of filo running in the opposite direction. Brush with butter. Repeat this process with the remaining sheets.
- 4Spoon mince into dish, then fold the edges of filo over mince to enclose. Brush with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 5Bake pie for 45 minutes, or until browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021