Savoury mince pie
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (200g) onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 (180g) large carrot, peeled, chopped finely
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 2 (240g) medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 50 gram butter, melted
Savoury mince pie
- 1Heat oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan. Add onion, garlic and carrot; cook, stirring, until softened. Add beef mince; cook, stirring, until browned. Add tomatoes, stock and zucchini; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
- 2Stir in peas then remove from heat. Cool.
- 3Lightly grease a 20cm (base measurement) pie dish with butter, then line with one sheet of filo. Brush filo with a little melted butter, then cover with another piece of filo running in the opposite direction. Brush with butter. Repeat this process with the remaining sheets.
- 4Spoon mince into dish, then fold the edges of filo over mince to enclose. Brush with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 5Bake pie for 45 minutes, or until browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleToday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesToday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesToday 12:20am
- Scone recipesYesterday 11:38pm
- PikeletsYesterday 6:00pm
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Sausage casseroleYesterday 2:00pm
- Irish soda bread rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten-free sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter baking ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 classic baking recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter carrot cake with spiced buttercream & caramel sauceYesterday 2:30am
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020
- Easter bunny cakeApr 06, 2020