Limoncello meringue pies
- 1 3/4 cup (260g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 185 gram cold unsalted butter,chopped coarsely
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon iced water, approximately
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 90 gram cold unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 tablespoon limoncello liqueur
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
Limoncello meringue pies
- 1Make limoncello curd. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in medium heatproof bowl until pale and thickened slightly. Whisk in rind and juice, stir over medium saucepan of simmering water about 12 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, gradually whisk in butter until combined between additions. Stir in limoncello. Cover, refrigerate overnight.
- 2Process flour, icing sugar and butter until crumbly. With motor operating, add egg yolk and enough of the water to make ingredients come together. Turn dough onto floured surface, knead gently until smooth. Wrap pastry in plastic, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Grease two 12-hole (1-tablespoon/20ml) mini muffin pans. Roll out half the pastry between sheets of baking paper until 5mm (¼-inch) thick. Cut out 12 x 6cm (2¼-inch) rounds, press rounds into holes of one pan. Prick base of cases well with a fork. Repeat with remaining pastry. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced).
- 5Bake cases about 12 minutes. Stand cases 5 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool.
- 6To make meringue topping, beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until dissolved between additions.
- 7Increase oven temperature to 240°C (220°C fan forced).
- 8Divide limoncello curd into cases. Spoon meringue mixture into piping bag fitted with 1cm (½-inch) plain tube, pipe meringue over curd. Bake about 2 minutes. Cool.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic mashed potatoesYesterday 1:00pm
- Firm ricottaYesterday 1:00pm
- Caesar saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Spicy guacamoleYesterday 1:00pm
- Red velvet cakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Red velvet whoopie piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Pork dinner recipesYesterday 1:00am
- Soft ricottaJan 18, 2021
- Recipes and guide to the keto dietJan 18, 2021
- Zucchini ribbon skewers with tomato fetta saladJan 18, 2021
- Freekeh tabbouleh beetrootJan 18, 2021
- Eggplant bolognese bakeJan 18, 2021
- Kimchi 2 waysJan 18, 2021
- Lamington cream layer cakeJan 18, 2021
- Mixed berry coconut layer cakeJan 18, 2021