Limoncello meringue pies
- 1 3/4 cup (260g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 185 gram cold unsalted butter,chopped coarsely
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon iced water, approximately
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 90 gram cold unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 tablespoon limoncello liqueur
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
Limoncello meringue pies
- 1Make limoncello curd. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in medium heatproof bowl until pale and thickened slightly. Whisk in rind and juice, stir over medium saucepan of simmering water about 12 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, gradually whisk in butter until combined between additions. Stir in limoncello. Cover, refrigerate overnight.
- 2Process flour, icing sugar and butter until crumbly. With motor operating, add egg yolk and enough of the water to make ingredients come together. Turn dough onto floured surface, knead gently until smooth. Wrap pastry in plastic, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Grease two 12-hole (1-tablespoon/20ml) mini muffin pans. Roll out half the pastry between sheets of baking paper until 5mm (¼-inch) thick. Cut out 12 x 6cm (2¼-inch) rounds, press rounds into holes of one pan. Prick base of cases well with a fork. Repeat with remaining pastry. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced).
- 5Bake cases about 12 minutes. Stand cases 5 minutes, transfer to wire rack to cool.
- 6To make meringue topping, beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until dissolved between additions.
- 7Increase oven temperature to 240°C (220°C fan forced).
- 8Divide limoncello curd into cases. Spoon meringue mixture into piping bag fitted with 1cm (½-inch) plain tube, pipe meringue over curd. Bake about 2 minutes. Cool.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pasta al forno - Italian sausage pasta bakeToday 7:48am
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Lattice biscuit citrus cheesecakeToday 6:00am
- Hoot hoot horray owl birthday cakeToday 5:26am
- Cauliflower and parsley saladToday 2:56am
- Impressive no-bake cheesecakes to finish a mealToday 1:13am
- Easy lemon cheesecakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low fat beef sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020