- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- thick cream, raspberries, to serve
- 1Sift flour, mixed spice, nutmeg and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl; stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- 2In a jug, whisk together milk, egg and honey. Gradually beat into flour mixture until well combined (use a hand blender, if you like).
- 3Heal a large frying pan on medium; spray with oil.
- 4Drop tablespoons of mixture into pan; cook, in five batches, 1-2 minutes each batch, until bubbles form on the surface and begin to break, and the underside is golden.
- 5Turn and cook the other side 1 minute. Wrap cooked scones in a clean tea towel to keep warm while cooking the remainder.
- 6Drizzle drop scones with honey, top with a dollop of thick cream and scatter with raspberries to serve
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022