- 1 tablespoon unrefined sugar (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, chopped finely
- 2 small purple kohlrabi (440g), cut into matchsticks, leaves washed, shredded finely
- 2 medium carrots (240g), cut into matchsticks
- 500 grams (1 pound) beef fillet, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro), leaves and roots separated
- 2 tablespoons tamarind puree
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh vietnamese mint, leaves and stalks separated
- 1Place sugar, sauce, vinegar and chilli in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 2Place kohlrabi, shredded kohlrabi leaves and carrot in a large bowl with dressing; toss gently to combine.
- 3Combine beef and garlic in a medium bowl.
- 4Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add peanuts to dry wok; stir-fry for 2 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from wok; chop coarsely.
- 5Finely chop coriander roots. Heat half the oil in wok; stir-fry coriander root for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add half the beef; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove from wok. Repeat with remaining oil and beef. Return beef to wok with tamarind; stir-fry to combine.
- 6Serve beef with kohlrabi salad, topped with herbs and peanuts.
We used panela sugar, also known as rapadura, but any unrefined whole cane sugar can be used.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesToday 1:55am
- Easy Spanish paella recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy pastry twistsYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato Salad RecipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Brilliant broccoli recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheYesterday 1:59am
- Classic sconesYesterday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020