- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 500 gram beef rump steak
- 3 (390g) lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthways
- 4 fresh small red thai chillies, sliced thinly
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 250 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh vietnamese mint leaves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh thai basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1Combine 2 tbs of the fish sauce and 1 tbs of the juice in medium bowl with beef. Toss beef to coat in marinade. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Drain beef and discard marinade. Cook beef on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or grill pan) until cooked as desired. Cover and stand 5 minutes. Slice beef thinly.
- 3Meanwhile, combine cucumber, chilli, onion, tomato and herbs in large bowl.
- 4Place sugar, soy sauce, garlic, remaining fish sauce and remaining juice in a bowl and mix to combine.
- 5Add sliced beef to salad with dressing, toss gently to combine.
Thai basil is available from most supermarkets. Use traditional basil instead if you cannot find any. We used a vegetable peeler to slice the cucumbers thinly into ribbons.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 10:02pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019