- 1 small mango (300g)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) canned light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 12 small rice paper rounds (60g) (see tips)
- 2 medium kiwifruit (170g), peeled, sliced
- 125 grams (4oz) strawberries, sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber (130g), peeled, seeded, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, plus extra, to garnish
- 1Coarsely chop a third of the mango flesh. Slice remaining mango into thin batons.
- 2For mango coconut dipping sauce, blend or process chopped mango, lime juice, coconut milk and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- 3Cover a chopping board with a damp clean tea towel. Place one sheet of rice paper at a time in a bowl of warm water until softened. Place on tea towel; top rice paper with one-twelfth of the sliced mango, kiwifruit, strawberry, cucumber and mint leaves in a line along the centre of the sheet. Fold bottom half of the rice paper up, then fold in both sides and roll over to enclose the filling.
- 4Repeat with remaining rice paper and filling ingredients to make a total of 12 rolls. Place rolls on a plastic wrap-lined tray; cover with damp paper towel. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5Serve rice paper rolls with mango coconut dipping sauce, sprinkled with extra mint leaves.
Be sure to use ripe fruit for this recipe, as they give the best flavour.
We used 15cm (6in) diameter rice paper rounds here. They are available from major supermarkets and Asian food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 10:02pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019