- 2 x 340g packets buttercake mix
- 250 gram butter
- 3 cup (480g) icing sugar
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 2 cup (180g) desiccated coconut
- 2 black Smarties
- 1 red Smartie
- 1 black licorice strap
- pink food colouring
- sugar-coated mini Easter eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease three deep 20cm-round cake pans.
- 2Make cakes according to directions on packets, divide mixture evenly between prepared pans; bake about 30 minutes. Turn onto wire racks to cool. Using serrated knife, level cakes so they are the same height.
- 3Turn cake cut-side down and cut out shapes for rabbit's feet, paws and ears.
- 4Cut feet and paws in half. Cut each paw diagonally from narrow end to broad end to taper, discard other two pieces; cut 1cm from narrow ends of front feet.
- 5Assemble cake pieces on 40cm x 65cm prepared rectangular board, cut-side down.
- 6To make butter cream, beat butter until white as possible, gradually beat in half the sifted icing sugar then milk, then remaining icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
- 7Spread cake with plain butter cream, cover well with coconut.
- 8Place 2 tablespoons of the coconut and pink colouring in small plastic bag; rub until coconut is evenly coloured. Sprinkle centre of each ear with pink coconut. Arrange sugar-coated Easter eggs on pink coconut.
- 9Position black Smarties for eyes. Cut red Smartie in half, position on face for nose.
- 10Cut licorice strap into thin strips, position on face for whiskers, mouth, nose and claws.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021