- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (80g) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 90 gram (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 90 gram (3 ounces) butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease base and side of 24cm (10 inch) round springform tin; line base with baking paper.
- 2Sift flours, soda, spices and sugar into large bowl. Stir in walnuts, egg, carrot, banana and oil; pour mixture into tin. Bake about 1¼ hours. Cool cake in tin.
- 3Make cream cheese frosting; beat cream cheese and butter in small bowl with electric mixer until as white as possible; gradually beat in icing sugar.
- 4Top cold cake with frosting.
You will need about four medium carrots and two large overripe bananas. Use a light vegetable oil, such as canola.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019