- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (80g) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 90 gram (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 90 gram (3 ounces) butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease base and side of 24cm (10 inch) round springform tin; line base with baking paper.
- 2Sift flours, soda, spices and sugar into large bowl. Stir in walnuts, egg, carrot, banana and oil; pour mixture into tin. Bake about 1¼ hours. Cool cake in tin.
- 3Make cream cheese frosting; beat cream cheese and butter in small bowl with electric mixer until as white as possible; gradually beat in icing sugar.
- 4Top cold cake with frosting.
You will need about four medium carrots and two large overripe bananas. Use a light vegetable oil, such as canola.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeYesterday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019