- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 (280g) bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoon tablespoons milk
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 22cm cake tin.
- 2Beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add mashed banana and vanilla and mix until combined.
- 3Sift together flour, bicarbonate and salt together. Stir through with milk until well combined and mixture attains a dropping consistency.
- 4Spoon cake batter into prepared cake tin and smooth the top. Bake 40 mins or until well risen and coming away from the sides of the tin. Test with a skewer; the skewer should come out clean.
- 5Remove cake from oven and stand 5 minutes in the tin before turning it onto a wire rack to cool.
- 6Dust with icing sugar and then serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019