- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 (280g) bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoon tablespoons milk
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 22cm cake tin.
- 2Beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add mashed banana and vanilla and mix until combined.
- 3Sift together flour, bicarbonate and salt together. Stir through with milk until well combined and mixture attains a dropping consistency.
- 4Spoon cake batter into prepared cake tin and smooth the top. Bake 40 mins or until well risen and coming away from the sides of the tin. Test with a skewer; the skewer should come out clean.
- 5Remove cake from oven and stand 5 minutes in the tin before turning it onto a wire rack to cool.
- 6Dust with icing sugar and then serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 30 brilliant barramundi dishes to make for dinnerYesterday 2:00pm
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022