- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 (280g) bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoon tablespoons milk
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 22cm cake tin.
- 2Beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add mashed banana and vanilla and mix until combined.
- 3Sift together flour, bicarbonate and salt together. Stir through with milk until well combined and mixture attains a dropping consistency.
- 4Spoon cake batter into prepared cake tin and smooth the top. Bake 40 mins or until well risen and coming away from the sides of the tin. Test with a skewer; the skewer should come out clean.
- 5Remove cake from oven and stand 5 minutes in the tin before turning it onto a wire rack to cool.
- 6Dust with icing sugar and then serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingYesterday 9:22am
- Rosé and raspberry trifleYesterday 2:35am
- Salmon pastrami with yoghurt tartare and pickled cucumbersYesterday 1:07am
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- Gingerbread christmas treesDec 10, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019