- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 (280g) bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoon tablespoons milk
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 22cm cake tin.
- 2Beat butter and sugars until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add mashed banana and vanilla and mix until combined.
- 3Sift together flour, bicarbonate and salt together. Stir through with milk until well combined and mixture attains a dropping consistency.
- 4Spoon cake batter into prepared cake tin and smooth the top. Bake 40 mins or until well risen and coming away from the sides of the tin. Test with a skewer; the skewer should come out clean.
- 5Remove cake from oven and stand 5 minutes in the tin before turning it onto a wire rack to cool.
- 6Dust with icing sugar and then serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019