- butter, softened, for greasing
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 2/12 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cup grated carrot (approx 3 carrots)
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
Cream cheese icing
- 175 gram cream cheese, softened
- 100 gram butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 vanilla essence
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1Grease and line a deep 23cm cake tin. Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Using electric hand-beaters, whip until light and fluffy.
- 3Sift flour, salt and cinnamon together, and then gently fold into the egg mixture.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine grated carrots, oil, walnuts, vanilla and pineapple. Gently fold, into the flour and egg mixture, until well combined.
- 5Pour into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake in tin for 20 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Meanwhile, make icing: using clean electric hand-beaters, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and vanilla and continue beating until combined.
- 7Stop beaters, add icing sugar and begin mixing gradually at first, to avoid mess. Continue mixing until completely incorporated.
- 8Spread cream cheese icing over cold cake. Decorate with walnuts, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021