- butter, softened, for greasing
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 2/12 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cup grated carrot (approx 3 carrots)
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
Cream cheese icing
- 175 gram cream cheese, softened
- 100 gram butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 vanilla essence
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1Grease and line a deep 23cm cake tin. Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Using electric hand-beaters, whip until light and fluffy.
- 3Sift flour, salt and cinnamon together, and then gently fold into the egg mixture.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine grated carrots, oil, walnuts, vanilla and pineapple. Gently fold, into the flour and egg mixture, until well combined.
- 5Pour into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake in tin for 20 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Meanwhile, make icing: using clean electric hand-beaters, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and vanilla and continue beating until combined.
- 7Stop beaters, add icing sugar and begin mixing gradually at first, to avoid mess. Continue mixing until completely incorporated.
- 8Spread cream cheese icing over cold cake. Decorate with walnuts, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019