- butter, softened, for greasing
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 2/12 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cup grated carrot (approx 3 carrots)
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
Cream cheese icing
- 175 gram cream cheese, softened
- 100 gram butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 vanilla essence
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1Grease and line a deep 23cm cake tin. Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Using electric hand-beaters, whip until light and fluffy.
- 3Sift flour, salt and cinnamon together, and then gently fold into the egg mixture.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine grated carrots, oil, walnuts, vanilla and pineapple. Gently fold, into the flour and egg mixture, until well combined.
- 5Pour into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake in tin for 20 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Meanwhile, make icing: using clean electric hand-beaters, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and vanilla and continue beating until combined.
- 7Stop beaters, add icing sugar and begin mixing gradually at first, to avoid mess. Continue mixing until completely incorporated.
- 8Spread cream cheese icing over cold cake. Decorate with walnuts, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020