- butter, softened, for greasing
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 2/12 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cup grated carrot (approx 3 carrots)
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
Cream cheese icing
- 175 gram cream cheese, softened
- 100 gram butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 vanilla essence
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1Grease and line a deep 23cm cake tin. Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Using electric hand-beaters, whip until light and fluffy.
- 3Sift flour, salt and cinnamon together, and then gently fold into the egg mixture.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine grated carrots, oil, walnuts, vanilla and pineapple. Gently fold, into the flour and egg mixture, until well combined.
- 5Pour into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake in tin for 20 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Meanwhile, make icing: using clean electric hand-beaters, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and vanilla and continue beating until combined.
- 7Stop beaters, add icing sugar and begin mixing gradually at first, to avoid mess. Continue mixing until completely incorporated.
- 8Spread cream cheese icing over cold cake. Decorate with walnuts, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Chamomile honey cakeMar 07, 2019