- 1 medium carrot (120g), cut into long thin matchsticks
- 1/2 stalk celery (75g), trimmed, cut into long thin matchsticks
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly diagonally
- 2 x 150g (4½-ounce) barramundi fillets, skin on
- 2 small mandarins (150g), segmented
- 1/2 cup (40g) pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
Sweet ginger dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1Place carrot, celery and onion in a medium bowl of iced water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until vegetables strips have curled; drain. Pat dry with paper towel.
- 2Meanwhile, make sweet ginger dressing by combing ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish, skin-side down, for 3 minutes. Turn; cook for 1 minute or until cooked through.
- 4To make salsa, combine the carrot, celery, onion, mandarin, pomegranate seeds and dressing in a large bowl.
- 5Serve fish with salsa and lemon wedges.
To easily remove the pomegranate seeds from the flesh: cut the fruit in half, then separate the seeds from the flesh whilst holding upside down in cold water in a bowl; the seeds will sink and the white pith will float.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020