- 1 medium carrot (120g), cut into long thin matchsticks
- 1/2 stalk celery (75g), trimmed, cut into long thin matchsticks
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly diagonally
- 2 x 150g (4½-ounce) barramundi fillets, skin on
- 2 small mandarins (150g), segmented
- 1/2 cup (40g) pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
Sweet ginger dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1Place carrot, celery and onion in a medium bowl of iced water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until vegetables strips have curled; drain. Pat dry with paper towel.
- 2Meanwhile, make sweet ginger dressing by combing ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish, skin-side down, for 3 minutes. Turn; cook for 1 minute or until cooked through.
- 4To make salsa, combine the carrot, celery, onion, mandarin, pomegranate seeds and dressing in a large bowl.
- 5Serve fish with salsa and lemon wedges.
To easily remove the pomegranate seeds from the flesh: cut the fruit in half, then separate the seeds from the flesh whilst holding upside down in cold water in a bowl; the seeds will sink and the white pith will float.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019