- 1 medium carrot (120g), cut into long thin matchsticks
- 1/2 stalk celery (75g), trimmed, cut into long thin matchsticks
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly diagonally
- 2 x 150g (4½-ounce) barramundi fillets, skin on
- 2 small mandarins (150g), segmented
- 1/2 cup (40g) pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
Sweet ginger dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1Place carrot, celery and onion in a medium bowl of iced water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until vegetables strips have curled; drain. Pat dry with paper towel.
- 2Meanwhile, make sweet ginger dressing by combing ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well.
- 3Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish, skin-side down, for 3 minutes. Turn; cook for 1 minute or until cooked through.
- 4To make salsa, combine the carrot, celery, onion, mandarin, pomegranate seeds and dressing in a large bowl.
- 5Serve fish with salsa and lemon wedges.
To easily remove the pomegranate seeds from the flesh: cut the fruit in half, then separate the seeds from the flesh whilst holding upside down in cold water in a bowl; the seeds will sink and the white pith will float.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019