Looking for more custard desserts?
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- grated fresh nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately slow, 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 2Bring the milk almost to the boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
- 3Whisk together eggs, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla essence to taste in a bowl until just combined (do not aerate).
- 4Gradually whisk the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture. Strain into a 1-litre (4-cup) capacity shallow ovenproof dish (or pie plate). Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 5Place dish inside a larger baking dish, Carefully pour boiling water into baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the custard dish. Bake for about 45 minutes or until custard just wobbles in the centre or when a small sharp knife inserted in the centre of custard comes out clean.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020