- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- grated fresh nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat the oven to moderately slow, 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 2Bring the milk almost to the boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
- 3Whisk together eggs, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla essence to taste in a bowl until just combined (do not aerate).
- 4Gradually whisk the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture. Strain into a 1-litre (4-cup) capacity shallow ovenproof dish (or pie plate). Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 5Place dish inside a larger baking dish, Carefully pour boiling water into baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the custard dish. Bake for about 45 minutes or until custard just wobbles in the centre or when a small sharp knife inserted in the centre of custard comes out clean.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut jam dropsToday 12:49am
- Corn and quinoa chowderYesterday 10:28pm
- Mexican pulled porkYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 sensational slow-cooked pork mealsYesterday 2:00pm
- Provencal beef stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free chickpea schnitzels and yoghurt sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 Treats To Wow At Your School Fete or Election Day Cake StandYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken saltimboccaYesterday 6:43am
- Healthy soup recipesYesterday 6:23am
- Slow-cooker honey mustard chickenYesterday 5:25am
- One-pot rice and chickenYesterday 4:29am
- Yoghurt wraps with pick-your-protein scrambleMay 16, 2022
- Quattro formaggio pizzaMay 16, 2022
- Chilli beans with tomato sauceMay 16, 2022