- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 30 gram butter, melted
- jam, whipped cream, to serve
- 1Sift flour and soda together into a medium bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in centre. Gradually stir in egg and enough milk for a smooth, pouring consistency. Rest 15 minutes.
- 2Heat a large, non-stick frying pan on medium. Brush with butter. Working in 3 batches of 6, drop tablespoons of batter into pan, allowing room for spreading. Cook 1-2 minutes, until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook 1 minute further, until golden. Brush pan with butter between batches.
- 3Transfer cooked pikelets to a wire rack. Serve warm with jam and cream.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsYesterday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladYesterday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019