- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup (430ml) milk
- 20 gram butter, melted
- fresh strawberries, whipped cream and maple syrup
- fresh lemon juice and caster sugar jam
- buttered walnuts - walnuts tossed in a frying pan with a little butter until toasted
- 1Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in the eggs and 3/4 cup (180ml) of the milk until smooth. Gradually whisk in the remaining milk. Cover and stand the batter at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- 2Heat a 20cm crepe pan (or frying pan); brush with a little of the butter. Pour about 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan, tilting pan so batter coats the base evenly. Cook, loosening edge with a spatula until crepe is browned lightly underneath. Turn crepe and cook until browned on other side. Transfer crepe to a plate or ovenproof dish; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and batter, stacking crepes on a plate.
- 3Crepes can be served folded in half or quarters, or filled and rolled and served with desired toppings, They can also be dusted with sifted icing sugar and placed under a hot grill to brown lightly if desired.
You can make crepes in advance and store them in the freezer, separated by layers of baking paper. It's best to reheat them in a pan brushed with a little melted butter. Crepes reheated in the microwave will become unpleasantly soggy.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020