- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup (430ml) milk
- 20 gram butter, melted
- fresh strawberries, whipped cream and maple syrup
- fresh lemon juice and caster sugar jam
- buttered walnuts - walnuts tossed in a frying pan with a little butter until toasted
- 1Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in the eggs and 3/4 cup (180ml) of the milk until smooth. Gradually whisk in the remaining milk. Cover and stand the batter at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- 2Heat a 20cm crepe pan (or frying pan); brush with a little of the butter. Pour about 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan, tilting pan so batter coats the base evenly. Cook, loosening edge with a spatula until crepe is browned lightly underneath. Turn crepe and cook until browned on other side. Transfer crepe to a plate or ovenproof dish; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and batter, stacking crepes on a plate.
- 3Crepes can be served folded in half or quarters, or filled and rolled and served with desired toppings, They can also be dusted with sifted icing sugar and placed under a hot grill to brown lightly if desired.
You can make crepes in advance and store them in the freezer, separated by layers of baking paper. It's best to reheat them in a pan brushed with a little melted butter. Crepes reheated in the microwave will become unpleasantly soggy.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeYesterday 9:00pm
- Classic roast chicken with gravyYesterday 6:00pm
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019
- Millionaire's shortbreadDec 09, 2019
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingDec 09, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 08, 2019
- Mushroom and spinach bruschettaDec 08, 2019
- Asparagus with crisp lentils and herb yoghurtDec 08, 2019
- Chocolate hazelnut ice-cream pandoroDec 08, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 06, 2019