- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 grams butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500ml) buttermilk
- 3 egg whites
- soft butter or cooking oil spray, to grease
- 1Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl.
- 2Whisk the egg yolks, butter, extract and buttermilk until combined.
- 3Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. It's important not to overbeat the mixture at this stage for a light and fluffy texture.
- 4Beat the egg whites and a pinch of salt in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Carefully fold the egg whites into batter, in two batches, until just combined.
- 5Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn pancakes and cook until lightly browned. Wipe out the pan with paper towel if the butter residue begins to burn. Transfer pancakes to a warm plate.
- 6Serve pancakes with toppings of your choice.
-Thin and crispy grilled bacon with maple syrup.
- Fresh berries with cranberry butter. To make the butter, combine 100g of softened butter with 2 tablespoons each of icing sugar and finely chopped dried cranberries.
- Freshly roasted walnut halves, lemon wedges and sugar
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019