- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 grams butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500ml) buttermilk
- 3 egg whites
- soft butter or cooking oil spray, to grease
- 1Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl.
- 2Whisk the egg yolks, butter, extract and buttermilk until combined.
- 3Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. It's important not to overbeat the mixture at this stage for a light and fluffy texture.
- 4Beat the egg whites and a pinch of salt in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Carefully fold the egg whites into batter, in two batches, until just combined.
- 5Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn pancakes and cook until lightly browned. Wipe out the pan with paper towel if the butter residue begins to burn. Transfer pancakes to a warm plate.
- 6Serve pancakes with toppings of your choice.
Thin and crispy grilled bacon with maple syrup.
Fresh berries with cranberry butter. To make the butter, combine 100g of softened butter with 2 tablespoons each of icing sugar and finely chopped dried cranberries.
Freshly roasted walnut halves, lemon wedges and sugar
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019
- Fettuccine carbonaraSep 05, 2019
- Easy four-cheese pieSep 05, 2019
- Sandwich ideas that are a little bit fancySep 05, 2019