- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 grams butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500ml) buttermilk
- 3 egg whites
- soft butter or cooking oil spray, to grease
- 1Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl.
- 2Whisk the egg yolks, butter, extract and buttermilk until combined.
- 3Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. It's important not to overbeat the mixture at this stage for a light and fluffy texture.
- 4Beat the egg whites and a pinch of salt in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Carefully fold the egg whites into batter, in two batches, until just combined.
- 5Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn pancakes and cook until lightly browned. Wipe out the pan with paper towel if the butter residue begins to burn. Transfer pancakes to a warm plate.
- 6Serve pancakes with toppings of your choice.
Thin and crispy grilled bacon with maple syrup.
Fresh berries with cranberry butter. To make the butter, combine 100g of softened butter with 2 tablespoons each of icing sugar and finely chopped dried cranberries.
Freshly roasted walnut halves, lemon wedges and sugar
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Classic trifleNov 20, 2019
- Curried prawnsNov 20, 2019