- 2 large portobello or field mushrooms (300g), stalks removed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 small fresh thyme sprigs
- light olive oil cooking-spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium roma (egg) tomatoes (150g), quartered
- 30 grams (1 ounce) baby rocket leaves (arugula)
- 2 x 45g (1½-ounce) slices rye bread, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place mushrooms, top-side down, on oven tray. Brush a little of the garlic over each mushroom. Top with thyme, lightly spray with oil; season with pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 3Crack an egg into each mushroom. Arrange tomato next to mushrooms. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- 4Serve mushrooms with tomato and rocket, and accompany each serve with a slice of toast.
Recipe is best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vietnamese beef brisketYesterday 6:52am
- Baked rice custardYesterday 5:26am
- Espresso martini cocktailMay 28, 2020
- All the classic curry recipesMay 28, 2020
- Braised beef brisketMay 28, 2020
- Pressure Cooker Beef BourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Hasselback potatoesMay 28, 2020
- All of our best nachos recipesMay 28, 2020
- Camp oven lamb roast with vegetablesMay 28, 2020
- Beef and mushroom family pieMay 28, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Mulled wineMay 28, 2020
- Vegetarian pasta recipesMay 28, 2020
- Brown rice congee with fried garlicMay 27, 2020