- 2 large portobello or field mushrooms (300g), stalks removed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 small fresh thyme sprigs
- light olive oil cooking-spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium roma (egg) tomatoes (150g), quartered
- 30 grams (1 ounce) baby rocket leaves (arugula)
- 2 x 45g (1½-ounce) slices rye bread, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place mushrooms, top-side down, on oven tray. Brush a little of the garlic over each mushroom. Top with thyme, lightly spray with oil; season with pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 3Crack an egg into each mushroom. Arrange tomato next to mushrooms. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- 4Serve mushrooms with tomato and rocket, and accompany each serve with a slice of toast.
Recipe is best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeYesterday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019