- 2 large portobello or field mushrooms (300g), stalks removed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 small fresh thyme sprigs
- light olive oil cooking-spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium roma (egg) tomatoes (150g), quartered
- 30 grams (1 ounce) baby rocket leaves (arugula)
- 2 x 45g (1½-ounce) slices rye bread, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place mushrooms, top-side down, on oven tray. Brush a little of the garlic over each mushroom. Top with thyme, lightly spray with oil; season with pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 3Crack an egg into each mushroom. Arrange tomato next to mushrooms. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- 4Serve mushrooms with tomato and rocket, and accompany each serve with a slice of toast.
Recipe is best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020