- 2 large portobello or field mushrooms (300g), stalks removed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 small fresh thyme sprigs
- light olive oil cooking-spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium roma (egg) tomatoes (150g), quartered
- 30 grams (1 ounce) baby rocket leaves (arugula)
- 2 x 45g (1½-ounce) slices rye bread, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place mushrooms, top-side down, on oven tray. Brush a little of the garlic over each mushroom. Top with thyme, lightly spray with oil; season with pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 3Crack an egg into each mushroom. Arrange tomato next to mushrooms. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- 4Serve mushrooms with tomato and rocket, and accompany each serve with a slice of toast.
Recipe is best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Raspberry and custard tea cakeJun 24, 2019
- Lamb kebabs on rosemary skewersJun 23, 2019
- Apricot bliss ballsJun 23, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJun 21, 2019
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesJun 19, 2019
- 19 indulgent dark chocolate recipesJun 19, 2019
- 12 lovely lentil recipesJun 19, 2019
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019