- 2 large portobello or field mushrooms (300g), stalks removed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 small fresh thyme sprigs
- light olive oil cooking-spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium roma (egg) tomatoes (150g), quartered
- 30 grams (1 ounce) baby rocket leaves (arugula)
- 2 x 45g (1½-ounce) slices rye bread, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Place mushrooms, top-side down, on oven tray. Brush a little of the garlic over each mushroom. Top with thyme, lightly spray with oil; season with pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 3Crack an egg into each mushroom. Arrange tomato next to mushrooms. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- 4Serve mushrooms with tomato and rocket, and accompany each serve with a slice of toast.
Recipe is best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019