Greek yoghurt lemon cake with lemon syrup
- 150 gram butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 500 gram greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, plus strips, to serve
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
Greek yogurt lemon cake with lemon syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 1.5-litre (6-cup) 24cm (top measurement) ring cake pan.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat butter and 1 cup of the sugar in a bowl until light and creamy. Add eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition. Fold in 1 cup of the yoghurt, then the flour, half the zest and 1/4 cup of the juice until combined.
- 3Pour mixture into prepared pan; level surface. Bake 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- 4In a small saucepan, combine remaining sugar, remaining zest and remaining juice over low heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 4 minutes or until syrup has reduced and thickened slightly.
- 5Pour warm syrup over warm cake. Sprinkle with zest strips. Place honey and remaining yoghurt in a bowl; stir to combine. Serve cake with yoghurt mixture.
When you have extra lemons, freeze juice in ice-cube trays for later use. You'll need about 4 lemons.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022