Greek yoghurt lemon cake with lemon syrup
- 150 gram butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 500 gram greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, plus strips, to serve
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
Greek yogurt lemon cake with lemon syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 1.5-litre (6-cup) 24cm (top measurement) ring cake pan.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat butter and 1 cup of the sugar in a bowl until light and creamy. Add eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition. Fold in 1 cup of the yoghurt, then the flour, half the zest and 1/4 cup of the juice until combined.
- 3Pour mixture into prepared pan; level surface. Bake 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- 4In a small saucepan, combine remaining sugar, remaining zest and remaining juice over low heat. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 4 minutes or until syrup has reduced and thickened slightly.
- 5Pour warm syrup over warm cake. Sprinkle with zest strips. Place honey and remaining yoghurt in a bowl; stir to combine. Serve cake with yoghurt mixture.
When you have extra lemons, freeze juice in ice-cube trays for later use. You'll need about 4 lemons.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022