- 60 gram butter, plus 15g extra (both portions at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until light and creamy. Stir in sifted flour and milk, beat lightly until smooth.
- 3Spread mixture into well-greased 20cm sandwich tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 4Turn onto wire rack. Combine extra sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over cake. Serve warm with butter.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021