As the temperature begins to drop, dinnertime meals switch from fresh salads and barbecued meats to hearty stews and spiced curries.
While they may take a little longer to prep and cook, winter dishes are guaranteed to warm you from the inside, plus can be made in generous portions to enjoy for days to come.
However, one of the major struggles with bringing your delicious leftover soups and stews to work or school the next day is preventing leaks. For this reason it's important to use leak proof containers, even better – ones that keep your food warm. Light, compact and portable the Thermos® Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Food Jar is as great for the office as it is for the playground. The design of the jar ensures contents stays hot for an extended period of time (up to seven hours), making it the perfect storage container for winter leftovers.
If you're ready to revamp your recipe repertoire this winter, these warming recipes are guaranteed to satisfy the whole family – be it dinner or leftover lunch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019