As the temperature begins to drop, dinnertime meals switch from fresh salads and barbecued meats to hearty stews and spiced curries.
While they may take a little longer to prep and cook, winter dishes are guaranteed to warm you from the inside, plus can be made in generous portions to enjoy for days to come.
However, one of the major struggles with bringing your delicious leftover soups and stews to work or school the next day is preventing leaks. For this reason it's important to use leak proof containers, even better – ones that keep your food warm. Light, compact and portable the Thermos® Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Food Jar is as great for the office as it is for the playground. The design of the jar ensures contents stays hot for an extended period of time (up to seven hours), making it the perfect storage container for winter leftovers.
If you're ready to revamp your recipe repertoire this winter, these warming recipes are guaranteed to satisfy the whole family – be it dinner or leftover lunch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019