As the temperature begins to drop, dinnertime meals switch from fresh salads and barbecued meats to hearty stews and spiced curries.
While they may take a little longer to prep and cook, winter dishes are guaranteed to warm you from the inside, plus can be made in generous portions to enjoy for days to come.
However, one of the major struggles with bringing your delicious leftover soups and stews to work or school the next day is preventing leaks. For this reason it's important to use leak proof containers, even better – ones that keep your food warm. Light, compact and portable the Thermos® Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Food Jar is as great for the office as it is for the playground. The design of the jar ensures contents stays hot for an extended period of time (up to seven hours), making it the perfect storage container for winter leftovers.
If you're ready to revamp your recipe repertoire this winter, these warming recipes are guaranteed to satisfy the whole family – be it dinner or leftover lunch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsYesterday 6:29am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesYesterday 1:54am
- Fennel recipesYesterday 1:47am
- Tuna mornayYesterday 1:00am
- Beef stroganoffJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Healthy recipes with mince for dinnerJul 12, 2020
- Couscous, red cabbage and walnut saladJul 12, 2020
- Fabulous frittata recipesJul 12, 2020
- Mixed mushroom stroganoffJul 12, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020