- 375 gram (12 ounces) minced (ground) beef
- 250 gram (8 ounces) lean minced (ground) pork
- 1 small_piece (80g) brown onion , chopped finely
- 2 cup (150g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small_piece (75g) green capsicum (bell pepper), chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, extra
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry white wine
- 400 gram (12½ ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (140g) tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, extra, finely chopped
- 375 gram (12 ounces) spaghetti sprigs fresh curly-leaf parsley
- 1Combine beef, pork, onion, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, capsicum, flat-leaf parsley and garlic in a large bowl, season. Roll mixture into 24 balls.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook meatballs, in batches, for 5 minutes or unitl browned all over. Drain on paper towel.
- 3Heat extra oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook extra garlic, stirring until fragrant. Add wine, tomatoes, paste and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Add meatballs, simmer, covered, for 25 minutes. Stir in extra flat-leaf parsley, season to taste.
- 4Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender, drain.
- 5Serve spaghetti topped with meatballs and curly-leaf parsley sprigs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Jam roll puddingYesterday 2:00pm
- Hungarian goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty tagine recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020
- Pumpkin sconesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020