Looking for more fritter recipes?
- 500 gram zucchini, grated coarsely
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen baby peas
- 130 gram can corn kernels, drained
- 4 green onions (green shallots), chopped
- 3/4 cup (120g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (40g) coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Tightly squeeze small handfuls of grated zucchini to remove excess moisture. Place in a large bowl.
- 2Microwave peas in a microwave-safe dish on high (100 per cent power) for about 1 minute or until hot; drain.
- 3Combine vegetables, flour and cheeses in bowl. Add egg and milk, stir until combined. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan on medium-high. Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture in pan; flatten slightly and shape roughly into a round. Repeat with another 4 rounds, about 5cm apart. Cook for about 2 minutes or until browned underneath. Turn fritters; cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- 5Drain on absorbent paper. Repeat with remaining oil and mixture.
Make these fritters for dinner and keep the leftovers for lunchboxes the following day. Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Spaghetti bologneseYesterday 1:00pm
- Indian rice saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chunky fig and vanilla jamYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy food bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- CevicheYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled mushrooms with soft-boiled dukkah eggs and crisp kaleYesterday 1:00pm
- Pancake recipesJan 22, 2021