- 500 gram zucchini, grated coarsely
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen baby peas
- 130 gram can corn kernels, drained
- 4 green onions (green shallots), chopped
- 3/4 cup (120g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (40g) coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Tightly squeeze small handfuls of grated zucchini to remove excess moisture. Place in a large bowl.
- 2Microwave peas in a microwave-safe dish on high (100 per cent power) for about 1 minute or until hot; drain.
- 3Combine vegetables, flour and cheeses in bowl. Add egg and milk, stir until combined. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan on medium-high. Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture in pan; flatten slightly and shape roughly into a round. Repeat with another 4 rounds, about 5cm apart. Cook for about 2 minutes or until browned underneath. Turn fritters; cook for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- 5Drain on absorbent paper. Repeat with remaining oil and mixture.
Make these fritters for dinner and keep the leftovers for lunchboxes the following day. Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020