- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 600 millilitre thickened cream
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar, extra
- 300 gram fresh blueberries
- 360 gram fresh raspberries
- 250 gram strawberries, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
Mixed berry coulis
- 120 gram fresh blueberries
- 120 gram fresh raspberries
- 120 gram fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease three oven trays, line with baking paper; mark a 23cm-diameter circle on each piece of paper.
- 2Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves between each addition; beat in cornflour.
- 3Spread meringue over circles on prepared trays; bake, uncovered, in oven 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 150°C (130°C fan-forced). Bake 15 minutes. Cool meringues in oven with door ajar.
- 4To make mixed berry coulis, combine ingredients in medium saucepan, simmer, uncovered, over low heat, about 10 minutes or until berries have softened. Push coulis mixture through sieve into medium bowl; cool. Discard seeds.
- 5Beat cream and extra sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until firm peaks form. Place one meringue on serving plate; flatten slightly. Layer with half of the cream mixture then top with half of the combined berries. Repeat layering with a second meringue, remaining cream and three-quarters of remaining berries, reserving remaining berries for garnish. Cover pavlova; refrigerate 3 hours.
- 6Top pavlova with reserved berries, dust with sifted icing sugar; serve with coulis.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesToday 1:54am
- Christmas in July recipesToday 1:30am
- Sustainable chowderYesterday 2:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make a chocolate hazelnut cheesecake in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- How to make classic chocolate brownies in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti marinaraYesterday 2:00pm
- Seafood chowderYesterday 2:00pm
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best homemade sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best hummus recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020