- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
Toasted nori chips
- sesame seeds
- sea salt, crumbled
- nori (seaweed) sheets
- sesame oil
Toasted nori chips
- 1Make nanami togarashi: Dry-fry rind in a small frying pan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until rind is dry and crispy. Place in a screw-top jar with remaining ingredients; shake well to combine.
- 2Crush sesame seeds using a mortar and pestle; combine with 2 teaspoons of the nanami togarashi and the salt. (Store remaining nanami togarashi for another use.)
- 3Using scissors, cut each nori sheet into triangles or squares. Place on a large baking-paper-lined oven tray; lightly brush nori with sesame oil.
- 4Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat; toast nori, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until crisp. Return to paper-lined tray; sprinkle immediately with nanami togarashi mixture.
Namami togarashi is a Japanese spice mix. The blend contains red peppers, sansho pepper, orange rind, black and white sesame seeds, seaweed and ginger. It is available from Asian food stores if you don't want to make your own.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022