- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
Toasted nori chips
- sesame seeds
- sea salt, crumbled
- nori (seaweed) sheets
- sesame oil
Toasted nori chips
- 1Make nanami togarashi: Dry-fry rind in a small frying pan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until rind is dry and crispy. Place in a screw-top jar with remaining ingredients; shake well to combine.
- 2Crush sesame seeds using a mortar and pestle; combine with 2 teaspoons of the nanami togarashi and the salt. (Store remaining nanami togarashi for another use.)
- 3Using scissors, cut each nori sheet into triangles or squares. Place on a large baking-paper-lined oven tray; lightly brush nori with sesame oil.
- 4Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat; toast nori, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until crisp. Return to paper-lined tray; sprinkle immediately with nanami togarashi mixture.
Namami togarashi is a Japanese spice mix. The blend contains red peppers, sansho pepper, orange rind, black and white sesame seeds, seaweed and ginger. It is available from Asian food stores if you don't want to make your own.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021