- 360 gram raspberries
- 300 gram blueberries
- 300 gram young berries
- 300 gram blackberries
- 250 gram strawberries, quartered
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 18 slice white sandwich bread, approximately
- 1/2 cup (160g) berry jam
- thick cream, vanilla bean ice-cream and fresh berries, for serving
- 1Combine berries. sugar and the measured water in a large saucepan; stir over a low heat until berries are softened. Strain the berries over a large bowl; reserve the syrup.
- 2Remove the crusts from the bread. Cut the slices in half into triangles.
- 3Brush one side of the bread triangles with the syrup. Reserve 1/4 of the bread slices. Position the bread syrup-side-down around the base and side of a 2-litre (8-cup) pudding basin, overlapping slightly.
- 4Spoon the berry mixture into the basin. Arrange the reserved bread over the top of the berries; cover with plastic wrap. Place a small plate on top of the pudding, place cans (or other weights) on the plate to weigh the pudding down; refrigerate the pudding overnight.
- 5Place the remaining syrup and the jam in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until the syrup has thickened slightly; cool. Refrigerate until required.
- 6Brush the base of the pudding with syrup, if required. Turn the pudding onto a serving plate and brush with the syrup. Cut pudding into wedges and serve with remaining syrup thick cream or vanilla been ice-cream and extra fresh berries, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze. Berries suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019