- 360 gram raspberries
- 300 gram blueberries
- 300 gram young berries
- 300 gram blackberries
- 250 gram strawberries, quartered
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 18 slice white sandwich bread, approximately
- 1/2 cup (160g) berry jam
- thick cream, vanilla bean ice-cream and fresh berries, for serving
- 1Combine berries. sugar and the measured water in a large saucepan; stir over a low heat until berries are softened. Strain the berries over a large bowl; reserve the syrup.
- 2Remove the crusts from the bread. Cut the slices in half into triangles.
- 3Brush one side of the bread triangles with the syrup. Reserve 1/4 of the bread slices. Position the bread syrup-side-down around the base and side of a 2-litre (8-cup) pudding basin, overlapping slightly.
- 4Spoon the berry mixture into the basin. Arrange the reserved bread over the top of the berries; cover with plastic wrap. Place a small plate on top of the pudding, place cans (or other weights) on the plate to weigh the pudding down; refrigerate the pudding overnight.
- 5Place the remaining syrup and the jam in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until the syrup has thickened slightly; cool. Refrigerate until required.
- 6Brush the base of the pudding with syrup, if required. Turn the pudding onto a serving plate and brush with the syrup. Cut pudding into wedges and serve with remaining syrup thick cream or vanilla bean ice-cream and extra fresh berries, if desired.
Not suitable to freeze. Berries suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 chocolate recipes for those of us who can't get enoughYesterday 5:44am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeYesterday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesJul 24, 2021
- 34 delicious duck recipesJul 24, 2021
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsJul 24, 2021
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingJul 24, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021