- 1 x 340g packet butter cake mix
- 125 gram butter
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- yellow food colouring
- 4 x 100g packets smarties
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease and line two 8cm x 25cm (3¼-inch x 10-inch) bar cake pans.
- 2Make cake according to directions on packet; divide mixture evenly between pans. Bake about 25 minutes. Stand cakes in pans 5 minutes; turn onto a wire rack to cool. Using a serrated knife, level cake tops to the same height.
- 3To make butter cream, beat butter until white as possible, gradually beat in half the sifted icing sugar then milk, then remaining icing sugar. Beat until smooth.
- 4Cut one cake into three pieces. Assemble cake pieces on a 23cm x 51cm (9¼-inch x 20½-inch) rectangular cake board, cut-side down, to form number 1; discard remaining cake. Secure cake pieces to board with a little butter cream.
- 5Tint butter cream yellow; spread all over cake. Using the picture as a guide, cover top and sides with Smarties.
One-year-olds may be too young to eat these colourful Smarties, but they will love the cake.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019