- 6 slice prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 500 gram silverbeet, trimmed, washed, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 23cm round oven-proof quiche dish.
- 2Heat a frying pan on medium. Spray with oil. Cook prosciutto for 4-5 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove from pan. Drain on paper towel. Add silverbeet and garlic to same pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until silverbeet has wilted.
- 3In a large jug, whisk together eggs and cream. Stir in cheese and season to taste.
- 4Roll pastry together to make 1 large sheet. Line prepared dish with pastry, trim edge. Cover pastry with baking paper and fill with dried beans or rice. Blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 5Spread prosciutto and silverbeet over pastry base. Pour egg mixture over. Bake for 25-30 minutes until set. Cool for 5 minutes before serving with salad.
Baby spinach or frozen spinach may be used in this recipe in place of fresh - remember to remove any excess liquid from frozen once thawed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021