- 6 slice prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 500 gram silverbeet, trimmed, washed, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 23cm round oven-proof quiche dish.
- 2Heat a frying pan on medium. Spray with oil. Cook prosciutto for 4-5 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove from pan. Drain on paper towel. Add silverbeet and garlic to same pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until silverbeet has wilted.
- 3In a large jug, whisk together eggs and cream. Stir in cheese and season to taste.
- 4Roll pastry together to make 1 large sheet. Line prepared dish with pastry, trim edge. Cover pastry with baking paper and fill with dried beans or rice. Blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 5Spread prosciutto and silverbeet over pastry base. Pour egg mixture over. Bake for 25-30 minutes until set. Cool for 5 minutes before serving with salad.
Baby spinach or frozen spinach may be used in this recipe in place of fresh - remember to remove any excess liquid from frozen once thawed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb goulashYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 chocolate recipes for those of us who can't get enoughYesterday 5:44am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeYesterday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesJul 24, 2021
- 34 delicious duck recipesJul 24, 2021
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsJul 24, 2021
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingJul 24, 2021
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021