- 6 slice prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 500 gram silverbeet, trimmed, washed, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 23cm round oven-proof quiche dish.
- 2Heat a frying pan on medium. Spray with oil. Cook prosciutto for 4-5 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove from pan. Drain on paper towel. Add silverbeet and garlic to same pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until silverbeet has wilted.
- 3In a large jug, whisk together eggs and cream. Stir in cheese and season to taste.
- 4Roll pastry together to make 1 large sheet. Line prepared dish with pastry, trim edge. Cover pastry with baking paper and fill with dried beans or rice. Blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 5Spread prosciutto and silverbeet over pastry base. Pour egg mixture over. Bake for 25-30 minutes until set. Cool for 5 minutes before serving with salad.
Baby spinach or frozen spinach may be used in this recipe in place of fresh - remember to remove any excess liquid from frozen once thawed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeYesterday 6:02am
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesJun 26, 2022
- Lasagne recipe collectionJun 26, 2022
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelJun 26, 2022
- Lemon sand cakeJun 26, 2022
- Leek and mushroom lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Chocolate indulgence cakeJun 26, 2022