These spinach and ricotta dumplings are so easy to make and can be served as an elegant dish for guests, or a hearty weeknight meal.
- 4 roma tomatoes, cored
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, sliced
- 5 silverbeet, leaves reserved, stems finely chopped
- 10 gram butter
- 1/2 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 350 gram fresh ricotta
- 3/4 cup (60g) grated parmesan
- 1 whole egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, for garnish
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Silverbeet and ricotta dumplings
- 1Bring a saucepan of water to the boil; blanch tomatoes for 1 minute, drain, refresh in iced water. Peel and squeeze out seeds. Place in a food processor and coarsely puree.
- 2Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and fry until golden, about 2 minutes. Add silverbeet stems and pureed tomatoes, season, and cook until thick and shiny, about 10-15 minutes.
- 3To make dumplings, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and fry until golden, about 12 minutes. Add silverbeet leaves and stir until wilted. Drain excess liquid, then chop onion and silverbeet together finely.
- 4Place silverbeet mixture, ricotta, parmesan, whole egg, yolk and flour in a bowl; mix well. Season well and shape heaped tablespoonfuls into balls. Lightly dust balls in extra flour.
- 5Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a simmer. Drop dumplings in water; when they float to the surface, remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- 6To serve, spoon sauce into plate and arrange dumplings on top. Sprinkle with marjoram and drizzle with oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best hummus recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- How to start a food blogYesterday 1:00pm
- Peaches and cream pieYesterday 1:00pm
- Our classic pavlova recipeYesterday 1:00pm
- Roti canai flatbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Vietnamese chicken pho recipeOct 19, 2021
- Baked bean and ricotta-stuffed mushroomOct 19, 2021
- Easy combination fried riceOct 19, 2021
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingOct 19, 2021
- 24 perfect pineapple recipesOct 19, 2021
- Honey mustard chicken stripOct 18, 2021
- Mediterranean roast vegetablesOct 18, 2021
- How to make basic sconesOct 18, 2021