- 4 roma tomatoes, cored
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, sliced
- 5 silverbeet, leaves reserved, stems finely chopped
- 10 gram butter
- 1/2 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 350 gram fresh ricotta
- 3/4 cup (60g) grated parmesan
- 1 whole egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, for garnish
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Silverbeet and ricotta dumplings
- 1Bring a saucepan of water to the boil; blanch tomatoes for 1 minute, drain, refresh in iced water. Peel and squeeze out seeds. Place in a food processor and coarsely puree.
- 2Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and fry until golden, about 2 minutes. Add silverbeet stems and pureed tomatoes, season, and cook until thick and shiny, about 10-15 minutes.
- 3To make dumplings, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and fry until golden, about 12 minutes. Add silverbeet leaves and stir until wilted. Drain excess liquid, then chop onion and silverbeet together finely.
- 4Place silverbeet mixture, ricotta, parmesan, whole egg, yolk and flour in a bowl; mix well. Season well and shape heaped tablespoonfuls into balls. Lightly dust balls in extra flour.
- 5Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a simmer. Drop dumplings in water; when they float to the surface, remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- 6To serve, spoon sauce into plate and arrange dumplings on top. Sprinkle with marjoram and drizzle with oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019