- 30 gram butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 4 cup (750 grams) finely chopped cooked lamb
- 1/1 cup (70 grams) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cup (500 millilitres) beef stock
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/3 cup (80 millilitres) water
- 1 kilogram potatoes, cut in chunks
- 60 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) milk
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Oil shallow 2.5 litre (10 cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Make potato topping.
- 3Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat butter; cook onion and carrot, stirring, until tender. Add mixed herbs and lamb; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in paste, sauces and stock, then blended flour and water; stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Pour mixture into dish.
- 4Drop heaped tablespoons of potato topping onto lamb mixture. Bake in oven about 20 minutes or until browned and heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019