- 30 gram butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 4 cup (750 grams) finely chopped cooked lamb
- 1/1 cup (70 grams) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cup (500 millilitres) beef stock
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 1/3 cup (80 millilitres) water
- 1 kilogram potatoes, cut in chunks
- 60 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) milk
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Oil shallow 2.5 litre (10 cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Make potato topping.
- 3Meanwhile, in large saucepan, heat butter; cook onion and carrot, stirring, until tender. Add mixed herbs and lamb; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in paste, sauces and stock, then blended flour and water; stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Pour mixture into dish.
- 4Drop heaped tablespoons of potato topping onto lamb mixture. Bake in oven about 20 minutes or until browned and heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsYesterday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotYesterday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladYesterday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019