- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 150 gram fresh blueberries
- 120 gram fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoon vanilla sugar
Mixed berry cupcakes
- 125 gram butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) dried mixed berries
- 1/2 cup (70g) slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup (100g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (50g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
Cream cheese frosting
- 30 gram butter, softened
- 80 gram cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) icing sugar
Mixed berry cupcakes
- 1To prepare sugared fruit, brush each berry lightly with egg white. Roll fruit in sugar. Place fruit on a baking-paper-lined tray. Leave about 1 hour or until sugar is dry.
- 2Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line a 6-hole texas (¾-cup/180ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
- 3In a small bowl, beat butter, extract, sugar and eggs with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in fruit and nuts, then sifted flours and milk.
- 4Spoon mixture into paper cases; smooth surface. Bake about 45 minutes. Turn cakes onto wire rack to cool.
- 5To make cream cheese frosting, beat butter and cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually beat in sifted icing sugar.
- 6Spread cakes with frosting. Decorate with sugared fruit.
This recipe also makes 12 standard muffins (⅓-cup/80ml capacity holes). Bake cakes for 35 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021