- 1.2 kilogram sebago or any mashing potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped marjoram
- 2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- olive oil spray
- 400 gram pork and veal mince
- 250 gram beef mince
- 1/4 cup hp sauce
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 large field mushroom
- 6 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 30 gram butter
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup 70% less fat sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan). Bring medium saucepan of salted water to boil and cook potatoes for 20 mins or until tender. Drain and return to pan.
- 2Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 6 mins, then add herbs and cook for a further couple of mins. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 3Combine minced meats, HP sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in mixing bowl (the best way to do this is with clean hands). Add onion and mix to combine.
- 4Spray loaf tins with olive oil. Divide mixture among tins and place 2 slices of mushroom on top of each. Spray with a touch more oil. Place tins on baking tray with garlic cloves and bake for 25 mins until cooked through and garlic is soft.
- 5Return pan with drained potatoes to low heat to remove excess moisture. Mash potatoes, remove from heat and add roasted garlic squeezed from skins, butter, milk, cream, and salt and pepper. Mash to combine (or for a really fluffy mash use handheld electric beaters).
- 6Remove meatloaves from tins and serve with sour cream and mash.
Equipment: Sharp knife; medium saucepan; colander; frying pan; medium mixing bowl; 4 mini loaf tins (10cm x 5cm); baking tray; potato masher or handheld electric beaters. If you don't have or can't find mini loaf tins, you can use a 3/4-cup capacity muffin tray instead. You can buy pork and veal mince from the supermarket already combined, but if you can't find it, buy the mince from a butcher separately (200g of each).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm