- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar mixture
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) cornflour
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture, extra
- 80 gram butter
- 2/3 cup (110g) icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 2Beat butter, essence and sifted icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 3Stir in combined sifted flours in two batches. With lightly floured hands, roll 2-level-teaspoon portions of mixture into balls and place about 3cm apart on baking-paper-lined oven trays. Flatten slightly with a floured fork.
- 4Bake about 15 minutes or until biscuits are a pale-straw colour. Stand 5 minutes before lifting onto wire racks to cool.
- 5For butter cream, beat butter, sifted icing sugar and rind in small bowl with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in juice.
- 6Sandwich two biscuits together with a teaspoon of butter cream to serve. Dust with sifted extra icing sugar.