- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) mandarins
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 5 cups (1.1kg) white (granulated) sugar, approximately
- 1Combine whole mandarins, juice and the water in large saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 45 minutes or until fruit is soft.
- 2Remove mandarins from liquid; reserve liquid. Coarsely chop mandarins, including rind; discard seeds. Return the chopped mandarin to reserved liquid.
- 3Measure fruit mixture, allow 1 cup sugar for each cup of fruit mixture. Return fruit mixture and sugar to pan; stir over high heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; boil, uncovered, without stirring, about 30 minutes or until jam jells when tested.
- 4Pour hot jam into hot sterilised jars; seal immediately. Label and date jars when cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019