- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) mandarins
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 litre (4 cups) water
- 5 cups (1.1kg) white (granulated) sugar, approximately
- 1Combine whole mandarins, juice and the water in large saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 45 minutes or until fruit is soft.
- 2Remove mandarins from liquid; reserve liquid. Coarsely chop mandarins, including rind; discard seeds. Return the chopped mandarin to reserved liquid.
- 3Measure fruit mixture, allow 1 cup sugar for each cup of fruit mixture. Return fruit mixture and sugar to pan; stir over high heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; boil, uncovered, without stirring, about 30 minutes or until jam jells when tested.
- 4Pour hot jam into hot sterilised jars; seal immediately. Label and date jars when cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019