- 80 grams butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cups (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups (400ml) milk
- 1⁄3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a 1.5-litre (6-cup) ovenproof baking dish; place on an oven tray.
- 2Beat butter, rind and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until thick and creamy. Whisk in flour, milk and juice until well combined.
- 3Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into lemon mixture, in two batches, until combined. Pour mixture into dish.
- 4Bake pudding for 45 minutes or until the top is golden and just firm to the touch. Serve immediately, dusted with sifted icing sugar. Drizzle with a little pouring cream, if you like.
This pudding needs to be served straight from the oven or the pudding will sink and absorb most of the sauce. You can make this pudding in six 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof baking dishes; you will need to reduce the baking time, until the centre is firm to the touch.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020