- 125 gram butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cup (330ml) milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease six 1 cup ovenproof dishes.
- 2Combine butter, rind, sugar and yolks in large bowl. Stir in sifted flour then juice. Gradually stir in milk; mixture should be smooth and runny.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into lemon mixture, in two batches.
- 4Place ovenproof dishes in large baking dish; divide lemon mixture among dishes. Add enough boiling water to baking dish to come halfway up sides of ovenproof dishes. Bake, uncovered, about 45 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Iced vovosSep 16, 2021
- Salmon pattiesSep 16, 2021
- Picnic food ideasSep 16, 2021
- Sri Lankan potato and pea currySep 16, 2021
- Japanese katsu chicken currySep 16, 2021
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021