Lemon curd creams
- 90 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 cup (160g) lemon curd
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
Lemon curd creams
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line eight holes of 12-hole (⅓-cup/80ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
- 2Beat butter, rind, sugar, eggs, sifted flour and milk in small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium; beat until mixture has changed to a paler colour. Drop ¼ cups of mixture into paper cases.
- 3Bake about 20 minutes. Stand cakes in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Beat cream in small bowl with electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- 5Cut a deep triangular hole into the top of cold cakes; reserve lids. Spoon whipped cream into large piping bag fitted with a large fluted tube. Fill holes with lemon curd. Pipe cream over curd, drizzle with a little extra curd. Position lids in centre of each cake. Dust cakes with a little sifted icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019