Lemon curd creams
- 90 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 1/2 cup (160g) lemon curd
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
Lemon curd creams
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line eight holes of 12-hole (⅓-cup/80ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
- 2Beat butter, rind, sugar, eggs, sifted flour and milk in small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium; beat until mixture has changed to a paler colour. Drop ¼ cups of mixture into paper cases.
- 3Bake about 20 minutes. Stand cakes in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Beat cream in small bowl with electric mixer until firm peaks form.
- 5Cut a deep triangular hole into the top of cold cakes; reserve lids. Spoon whipped cream into large piping bag fitted with a large fluted tube. Fill holes with lemon curd. Pipe cream over curd, drizzle with a little extra curd. Position lids in centre of each cake. Dust cakes with a little sifted icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 lovely lentil recipesToday 12:40am
- Grilled haloumi, white nectarine & kohlrabi saladYesterday 2:04am
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019