- 2/3 cup (110g) dried currants
- 2 tablespoon brandy
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 80 gram cold unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk, approximately
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1Combine currants and brandy in small bowl, stand 30 minutes. Drain, discard brandy.
- 2Meanwhile, sift flour and half the sugar into medium bowl, rub in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in enough milk to make a firm dough. Turn dough onto floured surface, knead gently until smooth. Wrap in plastic, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Grease oven tray.
- 4Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- 5Divide dough in half. Roll one half between sheets of baking paper until 20cm x 30cm (8-inch x 12-inch) rectangle, place on oven tray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar and currants. Roll remaining dough between sheets of baking paper until 20cm x 30cm (8-inch x 12-inch) rectangle, place dough on top of currants.
- 6Using rolling pin, roll slice while on tray until 5mm (¼-inch) thick, trim edges. Mark into 24 rectangles. Brush top with egg, sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- 7Bake about 25 minutes, stand 5 minutes. Using sharp knife, cut into biscuits along marked lines.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019