- 1/2 large tomato (110g), chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 small lebanese cucumber (65g), chopped coarsely
- 1 large green onion (scallion), chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (80g) shredded red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 store-bought mini falafel (180g)
- 2 small pocket pita breads (170g)
- 1/2 cup (120g) store-bought baba ghanoush
- 8 drained fefferoni peppers, optional
- 1Combine tomato, parsley, cucumber, green onion, cabbage and combined oil and juice in a medium bowl; season to taste.
- 2Heat falafel in microwave oven for 1 minute on HIGH (100%) or until heated through. Break falafel up with a fork.
- 3Cut pita in half. Spread inside of pita with baba ghanoush; fill with falafel, cabbage salad and peppers.
You can use ready-made tabbouleh instead of the cabbage salad, if you like. Fefferoni peppers are long finger-like chillies from the Balkan region; they come pickled and are mild in flavour but have a lingering bite. This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingJun 02, 2020
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingJun 02, 2020
- Jam roll puddingJun 02, 2020
- Hungarian goulashJun 02, 2020
- Tasty tagine recipesJun 02, 2020
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 02, 2020
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020
- Pumpkin sconesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020