- 1/2 large tomato (110g), chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 small lebanese cucumber (65g), chopped coarsely
- 1 large green onion (scallion), chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (80g) shredded red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 store-bought mini falafel (180g)
- 2 small pocket pita breads (170g)
- 1/2 cup (120g) store-bought baba ghanoush
- 8 drained fefferoni peppers, optional
- 1Combine tomato, parsley, cucumber, green onion, cabbage and combined oil and juice in a medium bowl; season to taste.
- 2Heat falafel in microwave oven for 1 minute on HIGH (100%) or until heated through. Break falafel up with a fork.
- 3Cut pita in half. Spread inside of pita with baba ghanoush; fill with falafel, cabbage salad and peppers.
You can use ready-made tabbouleh instead of the cabbage salad, if you like. Fefferoni peppers are long finger-like chillies from the Balkan region; they come pickled and are mild in flavour but have a lingering bite. This recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheToday 1:59am
- Classic sconesToday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 6:00pm
- Tangy lemon squaresYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- ShortbreadYesterday 2:00pm
- Traditional beef casseroleYesterday 2:00pm
- Garlic beansYesterday 2:00pm
- Anzac biscuit recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla cupcakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Garlic prawns with steamed riceYesterday 2:00pm
- Chocolate rough sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- Homemade pastyYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Richest beef casseroleYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm