- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 18 thin asparagus (320g)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 70 gram soft goats' cheese, crumbled
- 340 gram asparagus
- 1/3 cup fresh small basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon lemon rind strips (see tip)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Asparagus and goat's cheese tart
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Grease a 21cm x 30cm loose-based fluted flan tin. Overlap pastry sheets slightly; press to join. Lift pastry into pan; press over base and sides, trim excess pastry. Prick base all over with a fork; place flan tin on an oven tray. Line pastry case with baking paper; fill with dried beans or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake a further 15 minutes or until pastry is browned and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a grill plate (or grill or barbecue) to medium-high heat. Brush asparagus with oil; cook, turning, for 7 minutes or until tender.
- 4Reduce oven to 200°C. Whisk eggs and cream in a large bowl; season well. Pour egg mixture into pastry case; top with asparagus and goat's cheese.
- 5Bake tart for 20 minutes or until set and golden.
- 6Meanwhile, make asparagus salad: Using a vegetable peeler, peel asparagus into thin ribbons. Place asparagus, basil and rind in a medium bowl. Place oil, juice and garlic in a screw-top jar; shake well. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to combine.
- 7Just before serving, top tart with half the asparagus salad; serve with remaining salad.
Use a zesting tool to create the long thin strips of rind. If you don't have one, remove wide strips of rind with a vegetable peeler, then cut into thin strips with a sharp knife.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- How to cook lamb backstrapNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 20, 2019