- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 18 thin asparagus (320g)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 70 gram soft goats' cheese, crumbled
- 340 gram asparagus
- 1/3 cup fresh small basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon lemon rind strips (see tip)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Asparagus and goat's cheese tart
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Grease a 21cm x 30cm loose-based fluted flan tin. Overlap pastry sheets slightly; press to join. Lift pastry into pan; press over base and sides, trim excess pastry. Prick base all over with a fork; place flan tin on an oven tray. Line pastry case with baking paper; fill with dried beans or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake a further 15 minutes or until pastry is browned and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a grill plate (or grill or barbecue) to medium-high heat. Brush asparagus with oil; cook, turning, for 7 minutes or until tender.
- 4Reduce oven to 200°C. Whisk eggs and cream in a large bowl; season well. Pour egg mixture into pastry case; top with asparagus and goat's cheese.
- 5Bake tart for 20 minutes or until set and golden.
- 6Meanwhile, make asparagus salad: Using a vegetable peeler, peel asparagus into thin ribbons. Place asparagus, basil and rind in a medium bowl. Place oil, juice and garlic in a screw-top jar; shake well. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to combine.
- 7Just before serving, top tart with half the asparagus salad; serve with remaining salad.
Use a zesting tool to create the long thin strips of rind. If you don't have one, remove wide strips of rind with a vegetable peeler, then cut into thin strips with a sharp knife.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021