- 185 gram butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup (25g) flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
Almond berry sugar cakes
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line 8 holes of texas muffin pans with paper cases.
- 2Beat the butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until they are just combined between additions.
- 3Fold in the almond meal, the combined sifted flours and milk in two batches. Gently fold in half of the raspberries.
- 4Divide mixture among paper cases; top with remaining raspberries, almonds and sugar.
- 5Bake in a moderate oven for about 35 minutes or until cooked when tested. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Flourless cakesYesterday 11:39pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Dinner date recipes to impressYesterday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieYesterday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersYesterday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 30, 2020
- Coconut dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Fast dessertsMar 30, 2020
- Lebanese recipesMar 30, 2020
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeMar 30, 2020
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeMar 30, 2020
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Quick and easy plum tartMar 30, 2020
- 20 easy vegetarian curry recipesMar 29, 2020