- 185 gram butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup (25g) flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
Almond berry sugar cakes
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line 8 holes of texas muffin pans with paper cases.
- 2Beat the butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until they are just combined between additions.
- 3Fold in the almond meal, the combined sifted flours and milk in two batches. Gently fold in half of the raspberries.
- 4Divide mixture among paper cases; top with remaining raspberries, almonds and sugar.
- 5Bake in a moderate oven for about 35 minutes or until cooked when tested. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sushi riceYesterday 2:00pm
- All the classic curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic butter cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pork curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried pork rissolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pancake recipesApr 12, 2021
- Carrot and lentil soup with coriander pestoApr 11, 2021
- Healthy banana breadApr 11, 2021
- Pumpkin soupApr 11, 2021
- Vegetarian chilli beansApr 11, 2021
- Rösti cottage pieApr 11, 2021
- Very vegetarian Mexican recipesApr 11, 2021
- Roast beefApr 11, 2021
- Spicy Mexican soup with chickenApr 11, 2021