With decadent white chocolate ganache and delicious fresh cream, this celebration cake is not like other mud cakes.
- 180 gram white eating chocolate, chopped
- 350 gram unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 2/3 cup (590g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) milk
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- fresh roses, for decorating
White chocolate ganache
- 3/4 cup (180ml) cream
- 540 gram white eating chocolate, chopped finely
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 22cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Combine chocolate, butter, sugar and milk in a large saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl; cool for 15 minutes.
- 3Whisk in sifted flours, extract and eggs. Pour mixture into pan; bake for about 1 hour 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan.
- 4Meanwhile, to make the white chocolate ganache, bring the cream to the boil in a medium saucepan; remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until thick and spreadable.
- 5Turn cake, top-side up, onto cake stand. Spread white chocolate ganache over top and side of cold cake. Decorate with fresh roses, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020