- 180 gram white eating chocolate, chopped
- 350 gram unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 2/3 cup (590g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) milk
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- fresh roses, for decorating
White chocolate ganache
- 3/4 cup (180ml) cream
- 540 gram white eating chocolate, chopped finely
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 22cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Combine chocolate, butter, sugar and milk in a large saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl; cool for 15 minutes.
- 3Whisk in sifted flours, extract and eggs. Pour mixture into pan; bake for about 1 hour 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan.
- 4Meanwhile, to make the white chocolate ganache, bring the cream to the boil in a medium saucepan; remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until thick and spreadable.
- 5Turn cake, top-side up, onto cake stand. Spread white chocolate ganache over top and side of cold cake. Decorate with fresh roses, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 1:26am
- Four ways with stuffingToday 12:00am
- 25 terrific tray bakesYesterday 10:52pm
- Baked beef sausages with rosemary and tomatoYesterday 10:00pm
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 9:00pm
- Traditional GozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut and pineapple sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- The ultimate lamb shanks recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Vegetarian sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieYesterday 6:13am
- 31 terrific tofu recipesYesterday 1:28am