With decadent white chocolate ganache and delicious fresh cream, this celebration cake is not like other mud cakes.
- 180 gram white eating chocolate, chopped
- 350 gram unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 2/3 cup (590g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) milk
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- fresh roses, for decorating
White chocolate ganache
- 3/4 cup (180ml) cream
- 540 gram white eating chocolate, chopped finely
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 22cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Combine chocolate, butter, sugar and milk in a large saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl; cool for 15 minutes.
- 3Whisk in sifted flours, extract and eggs. Pour mixture into pan; bake for about 1 hour 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan.
- 4Meanwhile, to make the white chocolate ganache, bring the cream to the boil in a medium saucepan; remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until thick and spreadable.
- 5Turn cake, top-side up, onto cake stand. Spread white chocolate ganache over top and side of cold cake. Decorate with fresh roses, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- 20 homemade muesli bars and snack barsToday 5:29am
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Healthy quinoa saladsYesterday 1:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Healthy lunchbox recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Spaghetti bologneseYesterday 1:00pm
- Indian rice saladYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make basic sconesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chunky fig and vanilla jamYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 healthy food bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- CevicheYesterday 1:00pm
- Grilled mushrooms with soft-boiled dukkah eggs and crisp kaleYesterday 1:00pm
- Pancake recipesJan 22, 2021