- 180 gram white eating chocolate, chopped
- 350 gram unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 2/3 cup (590g) caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) milk
- 2 cup (300g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- fresh roses, for decorating
White chocolate ganache
- 3/4 cup (180ml) cream
- 540 gram white eating chocolate, chopped finely
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 22cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Combine chocolate, butter, sugar and milk in a large saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl; cool for 15 minutes.
- 3Whisk in sifted flours, extract and eggs. Pour mixture into pan; bake for about 1 hour 45 minutes. Cool cake in pan.
- 4Maenwhile, to make the white chocolate ganache, bring the cream to the boil in a medium saucepan; remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until thick and spreadable.
- 5Turn cake, top-side up, onto cake stand. Spread white chocolate ganache over top and side of cold cake. Decorate with fresh roses, if desired.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsSep 16, 2019
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotSep 16, 2019
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladSep 16, 2019
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019