- 2 x 4kg seedless watermelons
- 1 small rockmelon (1.3kg)
- 1 small honeydew melon (1.3kg)
- 60 gram blueberries
- 120 gram strawberries
- 2 kiwifruit (170g), sliced
- 1Cut two large cross section slices from each watermelon so they are about 6cm thick. Cut one piece into a 21cm round. Cut one into a 16cm round, one into a 13cm round and the remaining one into a 10cm round.
- 2Place the larger watermelon round on a platter or board. Top with remaining rounds graduating in size.
- 3Using a melon baller, cut 8 balls from rockmelon and 10 balls from the watermelon offcuts. Cut the remaining rockmelon and honeydew melon into 1.5cm slices. Using assorted cutters, cut rockmelon and honeydew melon into shapes.
- 4Using picture as a guide, decorate 'cake' with melon shapes and remaining ingredients.
Use fruit offcuts in juices or smoothies or puree and freeze in popsicle moulds.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019