- 1 cup (200g) brown rice and quinoa blend
- 800 grams butternut pumpkin, cut lengthways into thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 700 grams broccoli, cut into florets
- ¾ cup (120g) unsalted roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 60 grams rocket
- ⅔ cup (70g) fresh red sauerkraut
- 1 tablespon lemon juice
- 2 x400grams cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup (25g) fresh sauerkraut, plus ¼ cup (60ml) pickling liquid
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (140g) tahini
- 1Make sauerkraut hummus.
- 2Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
- 3Cook rice blend in a large saucepan of simmering water for 35 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan; stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate; cool.
- 4Meanwhile, place pumpkin, cumin, turmeric and oil in the lined pan; season and toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes. Add broccoli; toss gently to coat in oil mixture. Roast for a further 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and broccoli starts to brown.
- 5Place cashews and sunflower seeds on a small oven tray; roast for the last 5 minutes of vegetable roasting time or until golden.
- 6Divide rice blend among plates; top each with a large spoonful of hummus, roasted vegetables, cashews and sunflower seeds, rocket and sauerkraut. Drizzle with lemon juice; season. Serve.
- 7Process chickpeas, sauerkraut and garlic until a thick paste forms. With motor operating, gradually add tahini, sauerkraut liquid and ¼ cup (60ml) cold water. Continue processing until a smooth paste forms; season to taste. Transfer to a bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Makes 3 cups.
Refrigerate leftover hummus in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Flourless cakesYesterday 11:39pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Dinner date recipes to impressYesterday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieYesterday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersYesterday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 30, 2020
- Coconut dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Fast dessertsMar 30, 2020
- Lebanese recipesMar 30, 2020
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeMar 30, 2020
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeMar 30, 2020
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Quick and easy plum tartMar 30, 2020
- 20 easy vegetarian curry recipesMar 29, 2020