- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 cup (500ml) milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1Combine the cornflour with one tablespoon of the milk.
- 2Whisk eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and remaining milk in a medium saucepan. Add cornflour mixture and stir continuously over a low heat until mixture thickens.
- 3Strain the custard through a fine sieve into a large jug. Serve warm or cold.
NOTE: This recipe can be made a day ahead. Not suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 14 banana bread recipesToday 6:48am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 9:21pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 1:00pm
- Macaroni cheeseYesterday 1:00pm
- Chilli chicken stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 1:00pm
- 12 sensational san choy bow recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken schnitzelYesterday 1:00pm