- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 cup (500ml) milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1Combine the cornflour with one tablespoon of the milk.
- 2Whisk eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and remaining milk in a medium saucepan. Add cornflour mixture and stir continuously over a low heat until mixture thickens.
- 3Strain the custard through a fine sieve into a large jug. Serve warm or cold.
NOTE: This recipe can be made a day ahead. Not suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020