The saltiness of the feta contrasts beautifully with the sweet maple syrup dressing in this simple salad. It's a real crowd-pleaser and can be thrown together with just a few ingredients - perfect for your next barbecue or get-together.
- 1/2 jap pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 150 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 100 gram feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Toss pumpkin with oil in a large baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until just tender. Gently toss capsicum through while still warm. Cover and cool until required.
- 3To make dressing, whisk olive oil. vinegar, maple syrup and mustard together, in a small jug. Season to taste.
- 4In a large bowl, combine spinach, avocado, pumpkin mixture and pine nuts. Season to taste. Drizzle with dressing, tossing well. Serve topped with feta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021