The saltiness of the feta contrasts beautifully with the sweet maple syrup dressing in this simple salad. It's a real crowd-pleaser and can be thrown together with just a few ingredients - perfect for your next barbecue or get-together.
- 1/2 jap pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 150 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 100 gram feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Toss pumpkin with oil in a large baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until just tender. Gently toss capsicum through while still warm. Cover and cool until required.
- 3To make dressing, whisk olive oil. vinegar, maple syrup and mustard together, in a small jug. Season to taste.
- 4In a large bowl, combine spinach, avocado, pumpkin mixture and pine nuts. Season to taste. Drizzle with dressing, tossing well. Serve topped with feta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021