The saltiness of the feta contrasts beautifully with the sweet maple syrup dressing in this simple salad. It's a real crowd-pleaser and can be thrown together with just a few ingredients - perfect for your next barbecue or get-together.
- 1/2 jap pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 150 gram baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 100 gram feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Toss pumpkin with oil in a large baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until just tender. Gently toss capsicum through while still warm. Cover and cool until required.
- 3To make dressing, whisk olive oil. vinegar, maple syrup and mustard together, in a small jug. Season to taste.
- 4In a large bowl, combine spinach, avocado, pumpkin mixture and pine nuts. Season to taste. Drizzle with dressing, tossing well. Serve topped with feta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best hummus recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- How to start a food blogYesterday 1:00pm
- Peaches and cream pieYesterday 1:00pm
- Our classic pavlova recipeYesterday 1:00pm
- Roti canai flatbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Vietnamese chicken pho recipeOct 19, 2021
- Baked bean and ricotta-stuffed mushroomOct 19, 2021
- Easy combination fried riceOct 19, 2021
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingOct 19, 2021
- 24 perfect pineapple recipesOct 19, 2021
- Honey mustard chicken stripOct 18, 2021
- Mediterranean roast vegetablesOct 18, 2021
- How to make basic sconesOct 18, 2021