Pork and veal meatballs with fresh tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 315 gram minced pork
- 315 gram minced veal
- 1 cup (70 grams) stale breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoon roasted pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (40 grams) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 egg
- 500 gram spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1In a small frying pan, heat 2 tsp of the oil; add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft. Cool.
- 2In a large bowl, combine onion mixture with minces, breadcrumbs, rind, nuts, cheese, herbs, paprika and egg; season. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls; place on tray, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Make tomato sauce: Heat oil in large saucepan; cook garlic, stirring, until fragrant. Add tomatoes and oregano to pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Season to taste.
- 4Heat remaining oil in large frying pan; cook meatballs, until browned all over. Add meatballs to tomato sauce; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 5Meanwhile, in large saucepan of boiling water, cook spaghetti until tender; drain.
- 6Serve spaghetti topped with meatballs, tomato sauce and some extra parmesan cheese.
Some butchers sell a pork and veal mixture, this is fine to use here; buy 625 grams.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019