- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- pink food colouring
- 1 1/4 cup (200g) icing sugar
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar, extra
- 100 gram white eating chocolate,
- chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 1For the white chocolate ganache, stir chocolate and cream in small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Transfer mixture to small bowl. Cover; refrigerate until mixture is spreadable.
- 2Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add caster sugar and food colouring, beat until sugar dissolves. Transfer mixture to large bowl; fold in sifted icing sugar and almond meal, in two batches.
- 4Spoon mixture into large piping bag fitted with 1.5cm plain tube. Pipe 36 x 4cm rounds, 2cm apart, onto trays. Tap trays on bench top to help macaroons to spread slightly. Dust with sifted extra icing sugar; stand 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat oven to 150°C/130°C fan-forced.
- 6Bake macarons 20 minutes. Stand on trays 5 minutes; slide on paper onto wire rack to cool.
- 7Sandwich macarons with ganache.
Colourings vary in intensity, so start colouring by dipping a skewer into the colouring, then dabbing the colour into the mixture. It's impossible for us to suggest a quantity to you. If you want a baby pink, use a red colouring, if you want a more blue-based pink, use a rose colouring. Another tip -- colouring does "bake-out" in meringue mixtures, so colour the mixture a little brighter. Leave on the paper on cooling rack to cool completely before moving or they may stick. Join the macaroons with the ganache just before serving, then dust with a little extra sifted icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladJan 14, 2021
- Grilled vegetable and ricotta stackJan 14, 2021
- Lemon sliceJan 14, 2021
- Acai breakfast bowlJan 14, 2021
- LabneJan 14, 2021
- Classic mashed potatoesJan 14, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 14, 2021
- Canned tuna recipesJan 14, 2021
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamJan 14, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceJan 14, 2021
- Baba ghanoushJan 13, 2021
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsJan 13, 2021
- The ultimate collection of tasty dipsJan 13, 2021
- ShortbreadJan 13, 2021