- 40 grams (1½ ounces) butter, chopped
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 large potato (200g), chopped
- 1.5 (6 cups) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 6 cups (720g) frozen peas
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoom olive oil
- 300 grams (9½ ounces) sliced leg ham
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- Snow pea sprouts, to serve
- 1Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; cook green onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2Add potato, stock and the water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Add 5 cups (600g) of the peas; cook for a further 2 minutes or until peas are just tender. Remove pan from heat.
- 3Add mint; blend with a stick blender until smooth. Add remaining peas; stir over medium-low heat until hot. Season to taste. Reduce heat to low; cover, to keep warm.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook ham for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- 5Ladle soup into bowls; drizzle with cream. Top with torn ham and pea sprouts.
If using a blender or food processor to blend soup, stand it for 10 minutes to cool slightly before blending. The heat build-up can cause the lid to blow off. This soup can be frozen for up to 3 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020