- 40 grams (1½ ounces) butter, chopped
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 large potato (200g), chopped
- 1.5 (6 cups) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 6 cups (720g) frozen peas
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoom olive oil
- 300 grams (9½ ounces) sliced leg ham
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- Snow pea sprouts, to serve
- 1Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; cook green onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2Add potato, stock and the water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Add 5 cups (600g) of the peas; cook for a further 2 minutes or until peas are just tender. Remove pan from heat.
- 3Add mint; blend with a stick blender until smooth. Add remaining peas; stir over medium-low heat until hot. Season to taste. Reduce heat to low; cover, to keep warm.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook ham for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- 5Ladle soup into bowls; drizzle with cream. Top with torn ham and pea sprouts.
If using a blender or food processor to blend soup, stand it for 10 minutes to cool slightly before blending. The heat build-up can cause the lid to blow off. This soup can be frozen for up to 3 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019