- 40 grams (1½ ounces) butter, chopped
- 3 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 large potato (200g), chopped
- 1.5 (6 cups) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 6 cups (720g) frozen peas
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoom olive oil
- 300 grams (9½ ounces) sliced leg ham
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- Snow pea sprouts, to serve
- 1Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; cook green onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 2Add potato, stock and the water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Add 5 cups (600g) of the peas; cook for a further 2 minutes or until peas are just tender. Remove pan from heat.
- 3Add mint; blend with a stick blender until smooth. Add remaining peas; stir over medium-low heat until hot. Season to taste. Reduce heat to low; cover, to keep warm.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook ham for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- 5Ladle soup into bowls; drizzle with cream. Top with torn ham and pea sprouts.
If using a blender or food processor to blend soup, stand it for 10 minutes to cool slightly before blending. The heat build-up can cause the lid to blow off. This soup can be frozen for up to 3 months.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesToday 1:55am
- Easy Spanish paella recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy pastry twistsYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato Salad RecipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lasagne recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Brilliant broccoli recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Broccoli and kale soup with lemon creme fraicheYesterday 1:59am
- Classic sconesYesterday 1:35am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeAug 04, 2020
- Homemade pastyAug 04, 2020
- Pork ribs with sticky barbecue sauceAug 04, 2020
- Tangy lemon squaresAug 04, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesAug 04, 2020
- 27 comforting custard dessertsAug 04, 2020
- Anzac biscuit recipesAug 04, 2020
- Traditional beef casseroleAug 04, 2020