- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250 gram strawberries, halved
- 3 passionfruit
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Mark a 20cm circle on baking paper; cover oven tray with paper.
- 2Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until dissolved after each addition (this should take 6 or 7 minutes). Gently fold in cornflour and vinegar.
- 3Spread meringue inside circle on prepared tray. Using palette knife or spatula, shape sides of meringue and level the top.
- 4Bake for about 1½ hours or until dry. Turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool in oven with door ajar.
- 5An hour before serving, beat cream, sugar and essence in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fill pavlova with cream mixture and decorate with fruit.
Undecorated pavlova can be made several days ahead; store in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsYesterday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019