- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250 gram strawberries, halved
- 3 passionfruit
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Mark a 20cm circle on baking paper; cover oven tray with paper.
- 2Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until dissolved after each addition (this should take 6 or 7 minutes). Gently fold in cornflour and vinegar.
- 3Spread meringue inside circle on prepared tray. Using palette knife or spatula, shape sides of meringue and level the top.
- 4Bake for about 1½ hours or until dry. Turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool in oven with door ajar.
- 5An hour before serving, beat cream, sugar and essence in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fill pavlova with cream mixture and decorate with fruit.
Undecorated pavlova can be made several days ahead; store in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021