Perfect your pavlova with this classic pavlova recipe - a spongy marshmallow centre with cracking good meringue shell, piled high with cream and delicious summer fruits.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250 gram strawberries, halved
- 3 passionfruit
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Mark a 20cm circle on baking paper; cover oven tray with paper.
- 2Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until dissolved after each addition (this should take 6 or 7 minutes). Gently fold in cornflour and vinegar.
- 3Spread meringue inside circle on prepared tray. Using palette knife or spatula, shape sides of meringue and level the top.
- 4Bake for about 1½ hours or until dry. Turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool in oven with door ajar.
- 5An hour before serving, beat cream, sugar and essence in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fill pavlova with cream mixture and decorate with fruit.
Undecorated pavlova can be made several days ahead; store in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic sconesToday 12:35am
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast vegetable terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon and sugar pancakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried pasta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Traditional shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best homemade sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Chinese omelettesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fruit mince piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic Christmas trifleYesterday 6:13am
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Basic sausage rollsYesterday 1:00am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafYesterday 12:50am