- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup (330g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 300 millilitre thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250 gram strawberries, halved
- 3 passionfruit
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Mark a 20cm circle on baking paper; cover oven tray with paper.
- 2Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until dissolved after each addition (this should take 6 or 7 minutes). Gently fold in cornflour and vinegar.
- 3Spread meringue inside circle on prepared tray. Using palette knife or spatula, shape sides of meringue and level the top.
- 4Bake for about 1½ hours or until dry. Turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool in oven with door ajar.
- 5An hour before serving, beat cream, sugar and essence in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fill pavlova with cream mixture and decorate with fruit.
Undecorated pavlova can be made several days ahead; store in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019