- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 rashers rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 750 gram beef mince
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 6 (sheets) frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 3 (sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- tomato sauce, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to hot, 200°C (180°C fan forced). Lightly grease 2 x 12-hole muffin pans.
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan on high. Sauté bacon and onion for 3-4 minutes until onion is tender. Add mince and brown well for 4-5minutes, breaking up the lumps with the back of a spoon.
- 3Blend in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock, tomato paste and rosemary and bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until mixture reduces and thickens. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool for 10 minutes and then chill in fridge until cold.
- 4Meanwhile, using a 10cm cutter, cut 24 rounds from the shortcrust pastry sheets. Ease into each muffin hole. Using an 8cm cutter, cut 24 rounds from the puff pastry sheets. Spoon 2 tablespoons filling into each shell and brush edges with a little egg. Top each pie with puff pastry rounds, pressing edges to seal. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 5Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and puffed. Rest in pan for 5 minutes before serving with tomato sauce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm