Looking for nostalgia recipes?
- 2 cup milk
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 whole cloves
- 60 gram butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus 1/4 cup extra
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 cooked lobsters, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- chopped parsley, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine milk, onion, bay leaves and cloves. Heat on low until boiling point is reached (do not boil.) Remove from heat and set aside 5 minutes to infuse. Strain through a fine sieve into a jug.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan on low. Add flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually add strained milk, stirring until smooth.
- 3Return to medium heat. Cook, stirring, 3-4 minutes until mixture boils and thickens. Simmer 3 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir parmesan and mustard through. Season to taste. Keep warm.
- 5Preheat grill to hot. Line an oven tray with foil.
- 6Clean lobsters, discarding intestinal thread and scooping out green-coloured mustard.
- 7Using your fingers, gently pull lobster meat away from the soft, flexible shell, snipping with scissors if required. Gently chop flesh into large chunks. Transfer to sauce. stirring to coat.
- 8Place shells on baking tray. Spoon lobster and sauce into shells. Sprinkle with combined breadcrumbs and extra parmesan. Grill 4-5 minutes, until lightly golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020